These are temporary posts put forward by the F.R.S.-FNRS for non-Belgians or abroad for researchers from the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
CTP Mandate "Temporary postdoctoral researcher" (IN)
- People concerned: PhD since 6 years maximum, in a situation of international scientific mobility, invited in a university laboratory of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation via a research programme financed by the F.R.S.-FNRS.
- Object: research grant for a duration of 3 years maximum.
For the regulatory conditions, take a look at the regulations.
JSPS postdoctoral fellowship for foreign researchers (OUT)
- People concerned: highly qualified post-doctoral researchers from the Wallonia-Brussels Federation
- Object: within the context of the scientific agreement concluded between the Fund for Scientific Research - FNRS and the JSPS (Japan), the JSPS awards grants for a period of 1 to 2 years for research activities under the supervision of a Japanese coordinator.
- Useful documents: Application Guidelines, Application Form, Host institutions
- Date limite d’introduction des demandes auprès du F.R.S.-FNRS : 2 mai 2017
- Useful informations : http://www.jsps.go.jp/english/e-fellow/long_list.html
ECT* - European Centre for Theoretical Physics (OUT)
The ECT* centre, which is essentially dedicated to training researchers, also offers the possibility of 2 year post-doctoral contracts.
Settling in Wallonia-Brussels Federation
- People concerned
Researcher who has been living abroad for at least five years at the moment the request is submitted, who is able to lead a research team and has scientific recognition on an international level.
Research mandate aimed at encouraging highly qualified Belgian or foreign researchers, who currently have a scientific career abroad to come and pursue it in a university belonging to the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
- Means of applying the mandate
Employment contract of three years maximum (followed, under certain conditions, by a permanent recruitment at the university) with a budget of 200,000 € maximum per year to finance the recruitment of staff, the acquisition of equipment and the use of indispensible running costs for the creation of the research programme proposed.