The F.R.S.-FNRS is a member:
- Of non-specialised European research organisations such as the European Science Foundation, ESF, and Science Europe, the objective of which is to preserve the interests of agencies which fund research and bodies for national research on the European scene. In concrete terms, the specialised scientific committees of Science Europe and its cross-disciplinary work groups work at relaying the common view of its members on questions of current affairs and general interest to the European authorities concerned, in order to contribute to the European Research Space.
- Specialised scientific organisations such as:
- CECAM : European Centre of atomic and molecular assessment. It provides a unique environment for the development of computational chemistry and physics, in particular for advanced calculation methods for the simulation.
- HFSJG Foundation: scientific station of Jungfraujoch and Gornergrat. It provides an infrastructure which enables people to carry out research projects which necessitate an alpine environment situated at an altitude of 3000-3500 metres.
- EPS: European Physical Society, which aims at promoting physics and physicians in Europe.
- ERCIM: European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics. The goal is to encourage collaborations within the European scientific community and with the industrial world.
- ECT*: European Centre for Theoretical Physics. It organises workshops, conferences and collaborative meetings at the initiative of researchers as well as doctoral training courses (two courses of 3-4 months per year). It also offers the possibility of 2 year post-doc contracts.
Informations : NCP-FNRS